We are a LEADER Local Action Group, working across west Dorset, Portland and Purbeck awarding grants from the Rural Development Programme at a local level. One of 79 Local Action Groups (LAGs) in England, we are delegated to allocate project funding to rural businesses and community groups to help them create jobs, help businesses to grow or benefit the wider rural economy. A project must be based in the Southern Dorset Local Action Group Area
Final Deadline for Expressions of Interest: 4 October 2018
Funding is allocated according to six national LEADER Priorities alongside our own strategic priorities which are identified in our Local Development Strategy:
- Support to increase farm productivity (Please Note Priority 1a, b & d are now CLOSED to new applications. Priority 1c Processing primary agricultural produce to add value is OPEN.)
- Support for micro and small businesses and farm diversification
- Support for rural tourism
- Provision of rural services
- Support for cultural and heritage activity
- Support for increasing forestry productivity
Find out more in the LEADER Applicant Handbook
See more about successful projects
Our work is overseen by the Rural Payments Agency on behalf of Department for Environment Food & Rural Affairs (Defra) and our Accountable Body, Dorset County Council. We also work closely with the Dorset Local Enterprise Partnership to ensure our funding complements that of the European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme.
Other partners include West Dorset, Purbeck and Weymouth and Portland Councils.